Tuesday, October 15, 2013

Week 7A

Began work on new project in class. Going to continue to work in Photoshop and create a image using three different elements. A scanned image, a captured image, and a created image in Illustrator.
We will be creating a image for a website's 404 Error page.
We started with researching some web pages that might not have a interesting or user friendly 404 page for users. I began with looking for web pages that involved something I enjoyed in my free time. Drawing, video games, pets. The best one I could find was for Just Press Play's website (a local owned video game store).
http://www.justpressplayonline.com
Their site does not have a visually appealing 404 Error page.
First thing that came to my mind with a 404 page for a video game store was something broken or faulty. One of my personal experiences is having a "red ring of death" appear on a faulty Xbox 360 I owned. Just Press Play was able to repair it for me.
I started a sketch with an Xbox, because I want to emphasize the red ring that they get. I also experimented with a hammer and a broken Xbox in part of the sketch, like someone was frustrated and bashed it in.

No comments:

Post a Comment