Wednesday, September 25, 2013

Week 5B

Finished project for Smashing Magazine October calendar contest.

Made different wallpaper sizes:
320x480 - Smallest of the wallpaper sizes. Decided to crop out a small section of the original to create a different view. The composition was very tall and thin, so I used the scarecrow to fit the shape.


1024x1024 - Next smallest of the wallpapers. I cropped out this section of the artwork because the composition was square. So I chose to emphasize the trees and cat family.


1280x800 - The rest of the sizes are all varying rectangles. So all I did here was resize the image larger to fit.


1440x900


1920x1200


I also got some great feedback from my classmates. The left side of my design was very heavy compared to the rest of the piece. I should try to balance out my drawings more throughout the page.
I also need to work on my color choices. My scarecrow feels very washed out compared to the rest of the colors. I should try a dark or tan color instead of the yellow face. Also with the colors I should make the outlines for the grass darker so they pop more.

A personal opinion. I wish I worked more on the scarecrow and the cat's scarf. The fabric looks very flat. I need to play around more with textures to give them a more lifelike feel.





No comments:

Post a Comment