Monday, October 7, 2013

Week 6 Outside Class

Finished our photoshop ad with ourselves in it!
I had some little issues with photoshop just because I was completely new to the program. It took me awhile to crop out the original photo of myself using the pen tool. I then got my selection into my ad, and placed in some extra text, "New Rookie on the Squad!". To fit the picture of myself in, I carefully erased the edges back until I hit the background behind me, making sure the edges looked crisp and realistically looking too.

Also watched videos for Lynda.com on Photoshop tutorials.
First was the intro to photoshop and some basics. How to get photos from a camera. Customizing your thumbnails to create a personal workspace by dragging new windows together. How to change file names. Creating keywords to images. How to view images in full screen mode.
Some camera essentials. Difference between RAW (minimally processed formats) and JPEG (digitally processed files made with pixels) files. 
How to navigate tabbed documents on the header bar. Arranging your documents on the header bar. Straightening a crooked image by using the arrow symbol when selecting a image. How to use your layers, selecting and hiding (clicking on what layer you want to use, selecting the eye symbol to hide the selection, or selecting the lock box to lock a layer you don't want to mess around with yet)


No comments:

Post a Comment